Friday, August 17, 2012

Urgent! Special Weather Alert!


I get these weather alerts on my phone that are hit or miss when it comes to what actually happens with the skies.  My phone will be going crazy in my pocket with alerts about flash floods and tropical storms when the view out my window remains sunny and peaceful.

The detective, however, proves to be as reliable as old faithful.  We were sitting on the couch together when all of a sudden he looked out the window with terror in his eyes before slinking out of the room quickly but calmly.  I got no message from my phone and I couldn't see any clouds out my window but sure enough about 15 minutes later there was an afternoon thunderstorm.  I guess he had heard some distant thunder?

Of course the storm only lasted for a brief while and was hardly enough to even care about.  I forgot all about it by the time I went in to the bathroom and found him, still sitting here.  When I came around the corner he gave me a look like, "this is my hiding place and there's only enough room for one"

I closed the door and left him to his hiding.

No comments:

Post a Comment