Monday, August 6, 2012

worth it, as always


I beat Majora's Mask, it moves so quickly at the end, I forget there's no final dungeon.  It's a shame too because you get all the best gear right at the end.  It left me with a taste for Zelda, but I needed more, so I decided to put in Skyward Sword.

I haven't done anything with this game since I beat it back in December or January or whenever that was but I knew that there were still some heart containers I hadn't gotten and things like that.  What I had completely forgotten was that by beating it the first time I had unlocked "hero mode" but then never played it.  I was saving it for just such a time as the dog days of summer when I have nothing better to do.

I'm patting myself on the back right now.

The even better news was that they let me change my character name.  For the first play-through I had to go with Link, I didn't want to sully the experience of the game.  But now that I'm doing it again I could change it to my favorite.

What's funny is that I actually remember playing it the first time and reading things like, "...Link?  Ah, Link.  Good.  Very Good." and thinking, 'man that's going to be so funny when it's Uranus".

Again, I am patting myself on the back.

There have been a couple good ones so far but the best I accidentally skipped past in my frantic A button pressing.  I was glad I managed to catch the one above, and I'm sure there will be plenty more to come.

What's not fun about "hero mode" is that enemies do double damage and there are no health items anywhere in the game.  You have to rely entirely on potions and fairy's, which you'd think would be a recipe for success for me but so far it has not been.  I don't think I ever saw the game over screen the first time I played this game and I only just beat the first temple and have already seen it more times than I'd like to think about.

We'll see how long it takes me to beat it this go around.

No comments:

Post a Comment