Monday, August 20, 2012

it was like olden times


One thing you should know about me, if you don't already, is that I love to think about olden times.  For me, "olden times" can mean basically any time before I was born.

I think about a lot of things when I think of olden times,  like how people made rules that we still follow but they are based on things that don't even matter anymore.  Or I like thinking about how my life would be different if I were living in olden times.  I like thinking about how my life is better now for living in the present instead of olden times.

Basically I just like thinking about olden times.

So today when I LEFT MY WALLET AT HOME LIKE  A FOOL, and then HAD MY CELL PHONE DIE LIKE A FOOL, I had a moment of, "wow, this must have been what it was like in olden times.  I think it was when I realized the only thing I had in my pockets was my car keys.  I thought to myself, "wow, in olden times people wouldn't have had anything in their pockets".

I have to say, it was kind of liberating.  And also really nice to know that I have friends who don't mind fronting me cash for coffee and food when I blank out and forget my wallet.  I mean seriously, I have been carrying a wallet with me for the past 15 years of my life and I forget it today?  Why?!

Ugh, well tomorrow is another day and hopefully I can wake up as the responsible member of society I once was.  Otherwise I will have to get even more used to olden times when my car runs out of gas and I can't fill it up because I have no money on me.  That will be fun.  Updates to follow, I'm charging my phone now so at least I can take pictures from the side of the road.


No comments:

Post a Comment