Thursday, August 30, 2012

nothing better to do


After a weekend of heavy rain I was excited to be a sun worshipper once again yesterday.  I wanted to take the roadster out so I was glad when Sarah wanted to hang out down in Miami Shores.  One of the good things about being friends with your coworkers is that you are usually rich or broke together.  This Friday being our payday we were both in the broke boat together yesterday.

Sarah went on groupon to try and find something for us to do which led to the depressing realization that we didn't even have enough money for the groupon things.  The only thing we came close to was $50.00 for an hour of tattooing that we would have been able to pay for if we pooled our money together.  After a few RUDE suggestions back and forth of what tattoo we would get we decided that maybe the tattoo wasn't going to happen.

So we went with the old fallback activity, happy hour.  It's nice to be able to go somewhere with a nice view, even when you're broke, and still be able to have a relaxing afternoon.  I was just trying to think of what similar thing we would have done in new york and the only thing I could come up with was drinking on the roof.  I guess I had some good times on various rooftops but still, it's nice to have your money go a little further down here.

Either way it's always easier to find something to do when there's nothing to do if you have a partner in crime.  As I approach my 1 year anniversary of moving down here I am pleasantly surprised to realize how many friends I've managed to make in this short amount of time.  I appreciate it, thanks guys.


No comments:

Post a Comment