Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Maybe you two would like to finish debriefing each other at Guantanamo


I got this awesome shirt from work as one of my free pieces for fall and I think I made a fine choice.  The material is really thick and it's got a lot of detail, especially on the sleeves.  When I picked it out there were a lot of suggestions thrown around for what bottoms I could wear with it but it wasn't until I was driving home that I had the brilliant idea of wearing my suspenders.

As I've mentioned before, I always feel a little bit like Brendan Fraser when I wear these suspenders but then with the dark green shirt it makes it more jungle commando.  I got a variety of "secret jungle guerrilla army leader" comments but I was the most pleased when Chris immediately referenced Goldeneye.

As we all know, it's one of my favorites, and I had gotten a similar vibe from the outfit as well.  The only problem is that it really looks more like Natalya's outfit than James'.  Still it allows for the reference I made in the title of my post.  It's the line that is supposed to be a sexy joke at the end about them hooking up but now sounds like a terrifying sentence.  Who would have thought.

While Sarah liked my outfit she was upset that I didn't wear my hair in a bun on the top of my head.  Really.  She wouldn't stop talking about it.  So in an attempt to appease her I wore this outfit to work with her the other day:


and yet it still wasn't good enough.  She said I could have gotten the bun higher on my head.  I'm not a frat girl headed to the tanning salon.  Although to be honest I'm not really sure what I was going for with that outfit.  It was fine for work but I'm not sure where I would wear that in the real world.  A semi-formal yacht party?  I have no idea.

My next mission is going to be figuring out what I will be wearing to this wedding in Sept.  I have a couple options floating around in my head but I'm going to have to try things on and get some opinions.  Most people seem to be routing for my "miami vice" outfit.  We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment