Friday, August 31, 2012

trying to decide what to wear when suddenly


When Linden came over to pick up Chloe the other day she did some motherly scolding of how messy my closet was.  It's just so easy to get out of hand, and even easier to shut the door and ignore the accumulating disaster.  But it really is better when it's organized.

So yesterday, keeping with my theme of not spending money, I decided to lock myself in the closet all morning and clean.  The fact that my piles are so haphazardly folded should give you an idea of how much I actually had to do.  I did eventually get it in to some semblance of order though, and still had enough time to go for a run before I had to start getting ready for work.

It was after my shower when I was standing in my freshly cleaned closet that I actually looked around at my clothes for the first time.  Actually being able to see everything instead of just a giant pile makes getting dressed so much easier.  And there were several articles of clothing I had forgotten about altogether.

I was scanning the piles from left to right, top to bottom, which is why I didn't even notice him for quite a while.  He wasn't actually asleep anymore though you can't really tell.  His eyes were open and he was watching me from his peripheral vision.  Once I got more up in his face to take his picture he made it clear that he was not pleased with me disturbing him.


It makes me wonder how many times when my closet was disorganized did I come this close to almost certain death without even realizing.  It's a chilling thought.

After I took my pictures I left him alone and got my clothes for work.  I turned out the light and didn't see him again until I got home late last night.  You can imagine what was waiting for me in the window of my apt when I got home.


No comments:

Post a Comment