Saturday, September 1, 2012

rabbit rabbit rabbit


Woooowwwwwwww.  Can you believe I have lived down here for a year?!  I certainly cant.

These next two months will be interesting as they are the ones I spent in Sarasota last year.  I have a very different September and October planned for this year, although I've learned that anything can happen.

I got a much needed phone call from Eliza this morning that sweetly paralleled my life.  She was bemoaning having just moved in to a new apt and not having anything besides a set of Tervis tumblers. She didn't even realize that I was lost in memories of a year ago when I was in the same boat.  I can't remember how many nights I slept on the leaky air mattress before I finally broke down and bought a bed.

I told Eliza, it takes time but believe it or not you will eventually feel like you've settled in.  A year is both a very long time and a very short time.

Thankfully I still have Barbie to keep me grounded and remind me whats what.  Apparently this month it's all about formal evening Lady Gaga:


I love it, especially her disinterested expression.

The good news is that Ariel and JD are finally coming down to visit this month, the bad news is that it took a year for that to happen.  And don't even get me started on the lack of Meghan in my life.

There's still time though, I signed a 6 month lease so I'm here for at least that much longer.  Hopefully in that time I can get my ducks in a row so I can move out in February to some place a little more comfortable.

Today though, oh today, it's all about the beach.  Too bad you can't join me.

No comments:

Post a Comment