Friday, December 24, 2010

feels like christmas


I met Scott for a walk on the beach the other day and took this pic.  It's only been recently that I've really felt like I understand how absurd it is that days like this are the ones that feel the most like christmas to me. 

Or driving around running errands with all four windows down blasting mariah's christmas albums.  Wearing a jacket because you choose to for fashions sake.  As much as my Charleston friends also enjoy a mild winter, it's got nothing on a southern florida christmas.  There were even people in the water at the beach!  A little gutsy for me but maybe they were from Canada. 

There are of course the locals for whom the mercury dipping below 60 means it's time to bundle up hardcore.  Yesterday I went on an epic adventure to try and find cookie cutters that eventually led me to a craft store that was full of interesting characters.  Now keep in mind it was about 68 yesterday, I was wearing flip flops, shorts, and a tanktop.  The woman behind me in line went a different route when she got dressed.  She was wearing that classic burberry quilted jacket, buttoned to the neck, and then tied around her shoulders she had a cashmere sweater.  Firstly, this seemed like overkill, secondly, is that really a thing?  Is it ok to wear a sweater over your jacket?  I'm not comfortable with that. 

My other favorite woman was the one rooting through a bin of sale items and singing "O Come All Ye Faithful" as if she was doing a solo in her church choir.  And of course the line to pay was right next to her so we were all kind of awkwardly standing around listening to her just wail away while she shopped.  I didn't think people really did that. 

For now I'm taking a break while my dough hardens in the freezer before I make another batch of christmas cookies so I'm trying to get caught up on email and stuff.  I have a few more pictures to put up here and then I've got to go make my frosting. 

No comments:

Post a Comment