Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Burlesque



My sister took me on dream date last week that ended in seeing this.  And let me tell you, it was good, I highly recommend.

It has the Dreamgirls thing where Christina is pretty stiff when she's just doing lines, or just dancing, but as soon as she starts "performing" you remember why they cast her in the first place.

And then there's Cher.  omg.  Before going in I had the thought in the back of my head that it was so wild that Cher won an Oscar, but then I remembered why.  She is brilliantly amazing.  She has that Mariska quality of being able to take mediocre writing and make it believable.  Then to see her interacting with all the other amazing actors in it was super fun as well.

My sister has already been to see it again.  I feel the same way, so if anybody wants to go, just send me a smoke signal.

1 comment:

  1. I'm sending thos 'smoke signal' cause I want to go see Cher with you the next time you're in town!
    smokin in SRQ :-)

    ReplyDelete