Thursday, August 11, 2011

shooting the moon to redeem myself


I took this as a sign that I was going to be able to redeem myself from the previous game, and from the previous night at pool, but I actually ended up losing this game too.

So I started thinking about the expression "shoot the moon" and where it came from.  After a not very long google search the best I came up with was these definitions from the urban dictionary.  My favorite is #4.

So anybody have any idea?

Oh and congratulations scott on beating me once again.  I will have my day.

2 comments:

  1. For once, I don't have the answer. There seems to be some confusion with the phrase "shoot for the moon," which may be what you meant. That phrase just refers to aiming for something unattainable.
    As far as I can tell "shoot the moon" is actually mid-19th century British slang for moving out of a house in the middle of the night to avoid paying rent.
    I think Urban Dictionary #4 is the clear winner. Full moon on Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. those urban dictionary definitions seem to have a common thought but, #13 is a bit of an outlier -more of eat the moon bitch!

    ReplyDelete