Friday, December 24, 2010

I agree with every word


Specifically the part about a good piece of fruit being ruined by a sticker. It really annoys me.  At Simple it used to bother me because we paid so much money to have organic produce but then it would have this gummy sticker on it that we would have to spend forever trying to get off.  Half the time I would just end up having to cut the sticker off completely. 

I had a similar experience with the cookie cutters I ended up getting. 






These stickers were impossible to get off and they still left gummy grossness on the side.  I was scrubbing at them for hours.  So frustrating! 

But, I did make a pretty amazing batch of cookies if you ask me:


I did martha stewart's sugar cookie recipe but my real secret weapon was Laura, my pocket martha phd.  I asked her a couple questions about baking and she proceeded to send me the most amazing email detailing what to do and how to avoid common problems, then she linked me to a bunch of NY Times articles about baking and the chemistry behind butter and why good cookies are good.  It was amazing!  Really!  I couldn't have made these beauties without the good Dr.

No comments:

Post a Comment