Thursday, November 11, 2010

Lies



I google searched for "sexy male secretary" and believe it or not this was the only picture that even came close.  wtf?

Anyways, I was under the impression that if I wore a low cut blouse and did a lot of smiling I could have a cushy job sitting behind a desk at any company U.S.A.

Lies! 

I have spent every day this week at work sending out resumes to anybody I can possibly send a resume to.  Like seriously.  I've actually just started going to websites for businesses that I would like to work at and then sending them my resume begging them to hire me. 

Lets see, what kind of work did my education prepare me for.  Well we did lots of group projects, eye to eye knee to knee, pqp, etc.  Oh and there was that time we had to do the 100 source annotated bibliography, that was hard.  Hmm.  Let's see, an hour and a half of theatre class, 5 days a week for 7 years.  That's got to count for something right?  right?

::cricket cricket::

I got an A on a book report I wrote based entirely on the back jacket of the book.  I think that pretty much sums up my experience with "work". 

  Dear Oprah,
         May I please live on your island while you are not using it?  I can make myself scarce whenever you want to come by, I promise.  Thanks.

   xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment