Monday, November 15, 2010

the real t-rex


So this is the newest version of what the Tyrannosaurus Rex looked like.

I love it.  It's totally 2011.  Animal print is totally in, but it's still city chic in basic black with a little white flair.

It actually reminds me a lot of the time that I saw one of the olsen twins.  It was right around the time when we opened the west village store at Organic Avenue and Craig had come to help me figure out how to make the internet happen.  After my shift he took me out to eat at Corner Bistro, which is really good and I highly recommend btw.

It was really crowded, as it usually seems to be, and we waited for a while to get a table.  So we finally get seated and it's generally crowded and noisy etc.  At some point it just seems like everyone around us has stopped shouting to be heard above the din and has begun murmering quietly and looking towards the front of the bar.

So of course I look towards the front of the bar and see a group of people that has just come in, including a small woman in an oversized blazer and a white fedora with a giant peacock feather extending several feet behind her.  Just as I'm looking at her she turns directly towards me and I see that face that I watched so many times on Full House.  I have no idea which one it was but the bar had caught the scent of an Olsen, and they wanted blood.

 With a look of panic in her eyes she turned and exited the bar as if she couldn't deal with all eyes on her in the center of the ring just like a circus.  But my problem with this is that it wasn't like she was trying to go incognito and then got discovered by a dedicated fan.  She was wearing a fedora with a peacock feather in the brim.  There was nothing a little bit more discrete she could have gone with?

I aint hatin' though.  Girl looked good, just like a little T-Rex.

No comments:

Post a Comment