Monday, November 1, 2010

end of the glory days


Yesterday seemed terribly appropriate to be the last day of October, even more so looking back today after walking in the bitter November cold this morning.  Even though it was chilly yesterday there was still an element of summer in the air. 

I spent most of the day laying on the couch watching the SVU fan favorite marathon.  I agreed with most of their choices, and was glad that they did classic episodes with random actors instead of the stupid ones with celebrity guest stars.  Sorry Marty Short, you just don't cut it on my fan favorite list.  At the same time though it wasn't really my ideal favorite episodes either.  If it were my favorite episode marathon it would have just been every time Mariska goes undercover.  "I know mom but men don't grow on trees!"

I did get out of the house for a couple hours when Meghan met me for food and a scotchtoberfest beer.  That was when I took the picture above of the pretty clouds when I was walking by the river.  I also spent some quality time watching the little dogs at the dog park.  I tried to take a picture of this guy but he was moving too fast!!  He was the size of my foot and he was wearing a nice knit sweater.


I wish I could take the detective out on walks.  He's angry though : (

1 comment:

  1. I want so badly to walk Loki and Magnus. Loki's defense mechanism when I wrap something around him (like a babushka when I make him a Russian immigrant, or a Nike sweatband when he dresses up as Lebron James)is to flop to one side and not move a muscle until you take it off of him. You can use him as a Loki mop this way. He just won't move at all and you can really just drag his limp body around the apartment. Anyway, I want to walk him outside, but that means a harness and that means a limp Loki floppersons.

    ReplyDelete