Monday, November 8, 2010

more museums, more learning


Meghan's apparent insatiable appetite for knowledge led us on another adventure yesterday to the Frick on 5th Ave.  I've been before when I was in college and Meg had never been so it was really fun for both of us.  I love the Frick for the same reasons that I love the Ringling Museum in Sarasota.  The Frick is basically just some guys mansion on 5th avenue that became a museum after he died.  I love walking around it and looking at the art, but then also imagining what it would be like to live in a building like that.  I mean it really is breathtaking. 

I love the views of the city from the versaille-eque drawing rooms, and the giant courtyard in the center would be where I would spend all my time if it were my home.  We were in the library and somebody asked about the books, the woman in the room informed us that all of the books were rare 1st editions and most were priceless antiques.  Sick!

Because of daylight savings time our sunshine hours were dwindling by the time we finished at the Frick so we headed across the street to enjoy the park for a bit before it became dusk.  Here's where we found ourselves:


Complete with adorable children playing with a sailboat:


When the sun finally descended below the buildings it became too cold to continue our adventures in the park.  We made our way up to 90th and 3rd for delicious ramen at Naruto Ramen.  They have a special on Mondays for $6.50 Ramen, and it's delicious.  The restaurant is quite small so I'm assuming it probably gets slammed on Mondays, but it's well worth it. 

My only complaint about yesterday is that it was followed by today.  Today that featured an unexpected hail storm while I was walkig to work.  Fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment