Monday, November 29, 2010

omg

(after google image search for "no phone")

To my regular readers I am sorry for not posting at all the past week and a half but trust me, it's for good reason.

Long story short (don't worry, I intend to do a follow up post with the details) I lost my cell phone pretty much right after I did that last post.  This terribleness in tandem with my inability to get online at my father's house is why I have been absent from the internet world for so long.

Furthermore if you have been trying to reach me via text or email, this is also why i've been mia.  Of course I'm sure whenever I do get my phone back there will be like, one missed message from meghan and then al of the rest of the messages will be from my father at various points of him forgetting that I didn't have my phone.

In some ways it's actually been really nice not having a phone these past few days.  It's kind of like fasting, you don't realize how consumed with something you are until you try to live without it.  There's a part of me that just wants to cancel my verizon plan and go phone free for a while.  If it weren't for the fact that I used my phone so much for this silly blog I wouldn't be so devastated.

ESPECIALLY since there were a bunch of really great pictures on there that I hadn't gotten the chance to upload yet.  I hope they're not lost forever.  Grrrr.

If I don't get my phone back shortly I figure I'll have to wait until christmas or my birthday before I'll be able to get a new one.  But I hate that.  I hate getting something that you already had as a gift, or even just in general.  Like when you played your Britney Spears cd too many times and had to go purchase a new copy of it.  You begrudgingly go up to the checkout counter, knowing that you will enjoy your item because you already owned one until you did whatever stupid thing caused you to have to buy a new one.

As for now I have to get on my flight back to ny.  You can imagine my displeasure at having to do this without a phone.  I'll be cranking up the mariah the whole way.

No comments:

Post a Comment