Tuesday, October 26, 2010

walking to work


I guess the leaves changed this weekend while I was away.  Today's walk to work was beyond beautiful.  These were the first trees I noticed on 3rd Ave and 96th St.  I actually know a New York Times journalist who went to school at this school right here.  I don't know if you knew that. 

My walk to work took my through central park where it was just incredible anywhere you looked. 



Right here at the great lawn is where I ran in to Meghan one day so now every time I walk past it I see her in the face of every passing stranger.  I was convinced that I saw her three different times today before I finally let go of the dream.  But if ever there were a perfect day for Meghan to be sitting on a park bench in Central Park it would be today.  

Further down in my walk I got to this spot, where I took a picture a few weeks ago.  I thought it was cool how much the landscape has changed in such a short time, with all the new colors on the trees.



What do we think the seating is for?  The NYC marathon?  Is that coming up?  I know I've seen a lot of subway commercials about how Jared is running it.  I can't ever keep track of these things.  Isn't there also a bike race right around halloween?  I feel like I got stuck in the middle of that last year while wearing a really embarassing halloween costume. 

This tree was so vibrant I think it overloaded my camera.  It looked like the leaves were made of gold!  I wanted to take a video because there were gold leaves swirling all around in the afternoon light, but there were a lot of annoying people around me and I didn't want their commentary on my video. 

Sadly all good things must come to an end and I eventually reached the end of my walk. 



Out of the park and back in to the jungle.  I always feel slightly intimidated looking at the buildings here from the edge of the park.  I just want to run back and hide in a tree, I know what awaits me as I go further in to that mess.

Actually I had no idea what awaited me today.  When I got to times square there was a team of zombies roaming around.  It was really cool, you would see a group of people standing at the corner waiting to cross the street and then realize that a couple of them were just stumbling around with blood covering the entire front of their bodies.  I was going to take a picture but I was afraid that if I engaged them they would turn on me and attack.  Better to play the cool new yorker, too busy to be bothered by the living dead. 

For all I know maybe they really were zombies.

No comments:

Post a Comment