Saturday, October 9, 2010

1776


I've been looking forward to this for a few days now.  The total amount my blog has made is $17.76.  I like four numbers because they make me think of that year in history, so anytime it's a specifically historical year it seems to take on some added significance. 

I think it started when i used to drive back and forth between Charleston and Sarasota every few months.  I play a game where I would reset the trip odometer in my car and then try to say something that happened historically for every year as they went by.  It was always so much easier when you'd get to the years around something like 1776 because it was pretty easy to name things that led up to or happened after the year. 

The next thing i'm looking forward to is when i hit the year 2000!

1 comment: