Monday, October 18, 2010

this is a slippery slope



Last night before I walked meghan to catch a cab we caught part of a golden girls clip show that included them dancing at the charity dance marathon.  If you're not familiar do yourself a favor and youtube it.  I think my favorite parts are; the way dorothy wiggles her fingers and walks like a penguin when she first starts, blanche's actually amazing dancing, and the look on rose's face when she shimmies.

When I went to youtube to find this clip I typed in "golden girls dance".  I'm going to be honest, the results were shocking.  Apparently there is some college cheerleading team that calls themselves "the golden girls" and fancy themselves a dance squad so the majority of the results were for them.  Even then the first actual golden girls clips that came up were really strange.

Then my eyes fell upon this gem.  Oh how I have always and will always love this scene.  I don't even need to say why i like it, it's pretty obvious.  I will say that I never noticed how much the detective looks/acts just like dorothy when they throw the roses at her face.

Of course once I watched this video it listed other videos that i might be interested in, including when they are rehearsing for this number, "Dorothy!.... .... .... Go Dorothy go!"

If you need me i'll be watching golden girls clips on youtube for the next 10 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment