Wednesday, October 13, 2010

i stand by it


This morning while I was cleaning I had my itunes set to shuffle through all of my music.  I rarely do this because I have a lot of really random stuff on there that doesn't really work when taken out of context (stephen colbert's "I am america and so can you").  I know that you can uncheck things and they won't play but i'm too lazy.  

Anyways, a song from the Josie and the Pussycats soundtrack came on and I was reminded of what a great soundtrack it was, and what a great movie.  

I scoured the interwebs (10 minutes of actual looking, with lots of breaks to give kitty nice pets) looking for my all time favorite clip but couldn't find it.  It's when Parker Posey is wearing the choker with the feathers coming out of it.  It's too good to describe if you haven't seen it.  

When I first think of this movie my mind always goes to the amazing Parker Posey moments, so it isn't long before i remember that Alan Cumming is in it as well and is beyond good as usual.  The picture above pretty much sums up their roles in the movie.  I love when he chokes on the m&m.  

The soundtrack is actually pretty good for the movie too.  I was under the impression that they had hired a real band (I always thought it was the veronica's for some reason.  maybe because of veronica lodge.) but according to wikipedia the lead singer on the tracks was some chick from the band letters to cleo and all the back up singing was actually done by the three girls.  Pretty incredible that Tara Reid was doing things like that at one point.  

I never knew this either but apparently the main producer was babyface.  It makes sense, all of the songs seem plausible that you could have heard them on the radio.  Especially the DuJour songs.  Those are too amazing.  The only thing that gives them away as a joke are the lyrics, but otherwise it sounds exactly like something from any one of those boy bands of our youth.  

This is why it's good to listen to all your music sometimes.  You rediscover something you'd forgotten all about.  If you haven't seen this movie you should check it out.  

"that was close...to being a really nice moment between us..."

No comments:

Post a Comment