Wednesday, October 20, 2010

beautiful gug


I was walking home from work last night and came upon this peeking out from around the corner.  I couldn't even begin to imagine what it was when I first saw it from farther away.  I thought it was like a movie theater or something, i couldn't figure out how the 5th Ave neighborhood association would allow such an eyesore to be built.

But once I got closer I figure out that it was the guggenheim.  They had some kind of projector set up across the street and they were dispaying the colors on to the exterior of the building.  Once I got closer it was more obvious, there was even a copywright logo at the bottom in the corner, but from far away it was really fantastic.  It totally looked like the building was covered in colored lights.

One of those i love new york moments.

No comments:

Post a Comment