Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Meghan walked me to work


We were talking about something really inappropriate having to do with sex when meghan looked down then quietly pointed to the plaque on our bench.  I guess we'd come to the right place.

I had to work on Saturday so Meghan graciously met me uptown and walked me through central park and down to my work.  It was really nice and made me feel not so bad about having to go sit in an office for the first of 6 straight days in a row.

We first stopped and sat at those weird stone benches that are built into the wall that overlooks the lake here:


the views in either direction really were nice.  The lake with the row boats on the one side (and nathanael's favorite stomping grounds, the ramble, in the distance), and then on the other side was prime time people watching:


but you can imagine from that picture how comfortable it was to sit on an ornate bench made of stone.  It reminded me of high school, meghan and i curled up on some hallowed piece of historical architecture desperately trying to kill as much time as possible before we have to go our separate ways.  it was also really hot.

We eventually moved to the dick bench which was down by sheeps meadow.  We had a nice view of sheeps meadow through the fence:


and even better people watching in the other directions because of that big entrance to the park right by tavern on the green.  it was a great mix of annoyed locals and dumbfounded tourists.



Besides being my personal therapist which meghan does so well anyways, she also bought me a freeze pop!  It was strawberry and delicious.  I made fun of her for warning me that my tongue might get frozen to it so of course it promptly happened.

She walked me all the way to work which was really unnecessary.  I mean, as unpleasant as it is to go to midtown west during the week, it's even worse on the weekends.  It's like a ghost town except for tourists with their wheely luggage.  And winos.  Always the winos.

But she did it and it was sweet and made my saturday.  So thanks meg : )

No comments:

Post a Comment