Friday, October 1, 2010

olden times

We don't have any hot water today so I had to take my shower like little house on the prairie with a rag and a pot of water i had boiled on the stove.  

As I stood there wringing the hot water out over my head I was reminded of a post I did earlier this summer when the power was out and i had to take a candlelit shower.  Just like that time, I was annoyed at first but once I got in to it I kind of enjoyed it.  

It reminded me of camping, well when we used to go tent camping, before my parents bought an RV with a full shower, one of those expandable living rooms, and a chandelier over the dining room table.  But this was more like it was when we would stay at KOA's in random places like Virginia.  They would always have a clubhouse with original Mario and Pacman stand up arcades, but not necessarily running water.  

Of course in the shower this morning when I took this stroll down memory lane I had one of those, "ok ok, you were right Mom, I am thankful for all those camping trips we went on" feelings.  Like when you use something you learned in math class and you picture that stupid inspirational poster in your 9th grade  math teacher's room that said, "when am I going to have to use this" and all the applications for things were stupid and you said, "i'm never going to have to use this".

YOU WILL 

Anyways, i need to put another pot of water on the stove now so I can wash the dishes.  I feel like Sarah Plain and Tall.

No comments:

Post a Comment