Monday, October 4, 2010

race against time


When Jon and I got to the airtran it was just getting ready to take off.  I made a mad dash on to the train but the doors closed right behind me.  I turned to see Jon's angry face on the either side of the glass.

So as I made my way towards terminal 1 I get a text message from Jon saying that I needed to check us in or else we wouldn't get on the flight.  Just as we get to terminal 5 he sends me another one saying if I don't check us in in 15 minutes we will miss the flight.

So this was the interminably long hallway I had to run down a la Catherine O'Hara in Home Alone.  I seriously was running past people, shoving them out of my way, jumping over baby strollers.  And it never ended, the hallway just went on and on.

Finally I spotted my goal in the distance


Seriously, those last yards up to the checkout seemed the longest of them all.  I was sweating profusely, my fingers were fumbling on the keys, it was terrible.  I thankfully was able to check us in with a few minutes to spare.  And thanks to Jon getting us through security with his special Jetblue badge, we made it to the plane with plenty of time to spare.

Wish us the same luck on the way back.

No comments:

Post a Comment