Sunday, October 31, 2010

it is halloween, it is halloween


Had a fun time this weekend, don't remember too much of it.  Today meghan and I at lunch on the upper east side and then had a beer at that german place on 86th and 2nd, so we saw lots of kids in costumes.  It was really sweet.  Having been in nyc for so long now I've grown accustomed to the trick or treating at stores that kids in the city have to do, but meghan was still amazed by it.  I guess it is wild to think how different those memories are than for those of us that grew up in the suburbs.  It's like when you think about how no other countries celebrate thanksgiving.  It's just uncomfortable.

The best costume I saw all weekend was a man walking down 77th street dressed as the pillsbury dough boy.  He was a rather portly gentleman so he was able to go without a shirt and just have white body paint on and he pretty much fit the description.  And I thought my costume was revealing.

No comments:

Post a Comment