Sunday, August 28, 2011

a nice place to read (?)


I went downtown yesterday to Whole Foods for a juice and a shot of ginger.  I was hoping to be able to find a spot outside to sit and read but it was a crowded saturday so I ended up driving a bit down to Van Wezel and this spot.  You may remember it from this post.

While it looks quite picturesque it was not exactly the best day for sitting here and reading.  The Irene related winds were whipping to the extent that you had to keep your fingers on all four corners of the book to keep the pages still enough to be able to read.  And my idyllic spot at the end of the cape was really just an opportunity to be misted every time the water spramp* ashore.

*bonus points if you know that reference

Anyways, it was still a nice place to sit and enjoy my juice and my book.  I'm reading a meghan recommendation right now that is so so good.  I will surely do a post when I'm finished with it, which I'm sure will be soon.

So excited for the last week of August.  So so excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment