Tuesday, August 23, 2011

: )


I really like all the birds in Florida, I can't help but smile when I see them.  Especially in situations like this where I was on a run and came around a corner to see these four guys like some kind of rowdy gang waiting in the shadows for me.

Whenever I stumble upon these sandhill cranes they stop whatever they're doing and just stand completely motionless as they watch me go by.  The only thing that moves is their heads so they can keep their peepers on me at all times.  I don't get the impression that they are wary of me, more like they are waiting for me to let my guard down so they can give me a pecking I won't soon forget.

On a less violent note I went to the beach later to watch the sunset and ended up enjoying it with these funny guys:


I love how they all line up and look like they are watching the sunset together.  Every once in a while one of them would waddle up to the surf and just scream at the ocean for a little bit before waddling back to his place.

They will also keep a watchful eye on me but it's in more of a, "please please don't make me have to move from my spot that's my favorite spot on the whole beach" kind of a way.  This of course always gets to me so I end up walking down the beach in a crazy zigzag pattern so as not to disturb any of them.  Especially the ones that are sitting down, I think I love them most of all.

I was all excited to take pictures of the sunset, which I haven't watched in a while, but once again it was no sooner than me getting to my favorite spot when I turned around and noticed the wall of dark clouds that were fast approaching the beach.  Of course I had left my top down again so I had to go back well before the sky had even begun to change colors.

I'll find time to try again though, I certainly have plenty to kill.  Besides I'll take any excuse to go to the beach and watch the birds.

No comments:

Post a Comment