Saturday, August 13, 2011

jet skiing

It went a little something like this:



True story.  I actually started my day yesterday by diving off the second floor of my villa in to the swimming pool.  Don't believe me?  Ask kitty, he was there.

Anyways, Scott really did take me jet skiing yesterday which was so nice.  I wasn't able to take too many pictures as it was a bit rough and my phone has proven to be too fragile for use in any setting more stressful than a slightly warm library.  I ended up just taking pictures at the beaches we stopped at.



We had gotten here by travelling along the beach on the Gulf, exposed to the surf and its endless waves. I kept thinking of the Golden Girls when Blanche is talking about that woman's book and how she had to take a dramamine to get through the part about the waves.  It got to a point where that's how I felt, just wave after wave after wave, my thighs hurt just thinking about it now.

So anyways we stopped here so we could give our sore bodies a break for a bit, but ended up moving on after discovering that our beautiful beach was horribly ant infested.  The water wasn't much better either, the dramatic change in color is from the beach just dropping off right there, it also marks the start of the deadly deadly undercurrents.  We basically stopped long enough for the ache in our bones to subside before heading away from the Gulf and deeper in to the intracoastal.

After going down some uncharted waterways we ended up getting spit out right next to the sunshine skyway bridge which was super cool.  How many times have I driven over that bridge and looked out at the boaters with envy in my eyes?  And it was awesome to see the bridge from the water.

We stopped on the other side at another beach:


Complete with shady place to rest and have some snacks:


With a view of the sunshine skyway through the trees.  You might have to blow up the pic to see but it's there!


I couldn't believe we went that far north.  We weren't able to travel very quickly because of how choppy it was so I was surprised when we saw the sunshine skyway bridge.  I feel like it takes forever when I drive and I certainly travel a bit quicker in my car on the interstate than you can on a jetski.

I definitely feel how far we went today, my muscles and my joints are painin'.  I am thankful for yesterday though, I appreciate any situation that makes me (however temporarily) forget about all the other things going on in my life right now.

As long as I keep avoiding my problems they will eventually go away right?

I'm going to keep telling myself that.

No comments:

Post a Comment