Saturday, February 5, 2011

i wish i were friends with Mandy Moore

I have loved mandy moore since the first time I heard this:




I think somebody put this song on a mix cd for me because she drives a beetle in the music video but she had me as soon as I heard her little mid song love letter break.  Specifically, "love always, Mandy".

I feel it was unfair that she got lumped in with the whole britney christina gang.  For one, she looks like she's 12 years old whereas the rest of those girls all looked like they were 18, and for two, she's clearly got more cleverness inside her.  You can tell as she got older and started doing her own things like this:




besides the other movies she did that were more mainstream.  I mean, don't get me wrong, I was not expecting Britney to be in a movie with an accidental miscarriage at the end, but that still doesn't compare to starring opposite Macaulay Culkin.

Furthermore, I've only found more and more reasons to love Mandy Moore in the past few years.  She kind of fell off the radar mostly, but then pops up every now and then with things like this:




Which is fantastic.  I love her sensible flats.

If you're not familiar with any of her more recent stuff it's pretty fantastic, totally different from her early stuff.  This is one of my favorite songs, probably of all time.  I just think it's so beautiful and emotional and sweet and I find so many things to relate to in it every time I hear it:




I just feel like if I were friends with Mandy Moore we'd get along really well.  I'm gonna keep my fingers crossed.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my god. I've always wanted to be her friend, too! But I had no idea she was still making music. I'm kind of a bad friend.

    ReplyDelete