Monday, February 14, 2011

my garden


It's pretty overwhelming to have gone from only being able to keep indoor plants to having a whole outdoor area in a tropical climate to play with.  Scott has graciously allowed me to have a couple corners of his yard and I've been playing with various flowers and fruiting plants.

Those purple and yellow flowers are my favorites that I have going in the flower box our front right now.  A close second are these beautiful blood red snap dragons:


If you've never had the pleasure of playing with a snapdragon then you are really missing out.

My other exciting plant that I have started in the backyard is a hanging strawberry bush.  I never even knew such a thing existed but I found them at the nursery last week and had to get one.  It's basically just a strawberry plant in a hanging basket, so I guess as the plant matures and starts to produce fruit, they dangle down from tendrils, just begging to be plucked and eaten.  At least that's how it will work in my imagination.  There is already a little mini strawberry and lots of flowers all over it so I am hopeful for the future.

After doing that post about the cocktail trees I got many a message from you guys saying how cool those sound and that I have to get one.  I do have the perfect place picked out in the yard but unfortunately those bad boys are a little too expensive for me.  Maybe I should start some kind of ''cocktail tree fund'' where you guys can donate to a good cause.  I'm sure that would go over real well.

In the meantime I will enjoy my flowers, and hopefully come summer, my strawberries.

1 comment:

  1. Oh man! Those yellow and purple flowers are awesome. What kind of flowers are those?

    ReplyDelete