Friday, February 18, 2011

the life


I think I've realized my calling in life; to have and entertain guests.  Not that I haven't always enjoyed having friends stay with me, but having guests in Florida is 1000x more fun than having guests in nyc.

Besides the fact that your guests don't have to sleep in your bed with you when they visit in Florida, it's way more fun to do 'entertain your out of town guest' activities down here.  In nyc you basically do a lot of walking around and looking at things, with the occasional stop for a bite to eat or something to drink.  Down here it's taking a drive by the beach and getting out to walk for pleasure, or having a bite to eat at home by the pool, as we did yesterday.

Jon and I had grand plans of kayaking and botanic gardens that were quickly tossed out the window when Scott uncovered the pool.  This picture sums up how the rest of our day went, save for a brief respite to gorge ourselves on a hotdog cookout.

After our day of heavy eating, drinking, and sunning, we did the only thing that seemed appropriate to do.  We went to the dollar theater and saw Burlesque.  I've said it before and I'll say it again, I love Cher.  Neither Jon nor Scott had seen it yet so it was fun to hear their reactions to the different parts.  Well, Jon's anyways, Scott was pretty much entranced by Christina the entire time.

Upon getting home from the movie Scott passed out leaving Jon and I to play this in to the wee (no pun intended) hours of the morning.  I'm amazed we were able to get up this morning in time to do the last minute errands we needed to do before I took him to the airport.  I was sad to see him go, especially now that I know that Meghan's not going to be able to come down this weekend either.  Now it's back to the same old same old, which brings me to my original point.  If it hadn't been for Jon being here I doubt we would have had a cookout and I probably would have felt guilty about laying by the pool doing nothing all day, but since I was entertaining a guest it was like I was working.  Of course I did neglect my blog, which Dan was quick to point out, but it was all for a good cause.  And now I will have to go back to posting day after day with pictures of the sunset and my musings on time and space because I have nothing else going on in my life.

So come visit please!  We've still got grapefruits on the trees and the pool is starting to warm up, now is the time to plan your beach getaway!  

No comments:

Post a Comment