Thursday, February 24, 2011

feeling bad


I just want to officially go on the record as saying that I feel really bad about missing Andrew's birthday this year (and apparently also last year).

I was just thinking, "wow it sure seems like i've done a lot of birthday posts recently" and I realized that besides not even calling Andrew on his birthday, I didn't even do a post for him on the day he lies and says is his birthday on facbeook.

So Andrew, I hope that you forgive me.  If you want you can use this to make us equal from me defending you to Brittany and getting slapped across the face.

I was trying to think of a specific memory with Andrew that encapsulates my feelings about him but there are far too many to choose from.  Instead I want to relate to you all about how Andrew is one of those people in my life that I knew I was destined to be friends with before I ever was.  Kind of like how I feel about Mandy Moore.

See Andrew was the cool kid for pretty much all of middle school and high school, and not that I didn't have friends of my own, but due to scheduling Andrew and I never once had a class together in all 7 years that we went to school together.  It being a small school however, most of our friends were friends with the other, but our paths never crossed.  But I knew, in my heart of hearts, that if only I could get an audience with the Arthur Fonzarelli of Charleston, I could win him over.

And so it was, during those half days at the end of senior year, when the choices were to hang out with each other or Huge, and we chose each other.  I'm glad we did too, I can't imagine my life without Andy.  It's funny to think that we could have been friends all through school as well, but I think what makes our friendship so great is that we weren't.  We pretty much had the same upbringing, yet have completely different memories.  I like friendships like that, and I like friendships that I knew were destined to be before they happened.  I only have it happen every once in a while, so when it does I try to hold on to them.  And so far I've done an ok job with Andrew, we are still friends even though I repeatedly miss his birthday, make out with people in his car when he lets me borrow it, and leave incriminating paraphernalia in his pool house for his mother to find (LIES).  So thanks Andrew, for putting up with me, I'm glad we're friends.

Happy Belated Birthday!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment