Wednesday, February 9, 2011

backwards


I'm at the airport waiting for my flight to nyc where I will spend a few days on a mini vacation before returning to my now real life in Florida.  This feels very unnatural.

The best part so far has been that I had to get body scanned at the Sarasota airport.  I haven't gotten scanned any of the times I've flown out of JFK, i've never gotten scanned at Burbank or LAX, I've never gotten scanned at Tampa, I didn't even think that Sarasota had full body scanners but apparently they do now, and I looked like a prime target.

After standing in the scanner I had to wait in a holding pen until the guy got the clear that I didn't have anything on me.  The TSA guy on duty was an older gentleman who was clearly just doing his job. At first he seemed surprised when I asked him if anybody was going to see me naked but after considering it for a moment replied with, "not hardly!" which made me laugh out loud.  Apparently he's seen the body scans and he'd like a little more detail.

Maybe I should get a job with the TSA.  I wouldn't mind a little T&A at work.

But anyways, my plane is about to board.  Next you hear from me I will be neck deep in snow.

No comments:

Post a Comment