Sunday, February 6, 2011

magical flower land


Yesterday was a real gloomy gus of a day so when my brother asked me if I wanted to go with him to this nursery I said sure.  Little did I know that this nursery is home to acres and acres of crazy beautiful flowers.  Like the scene above, it was just another unassuming greenhouse until I pulled back the flap and revealed row after row of these:


It didn't even seem real, like it was the backstock of silk flowers at Walmart or something.

My brother was in the market for some specific things, including a lime tree.  They had a couple cocktail trees which I think are super cool but they were mad expensive.  Cocktail trees are when they graft several different types of fruit tree together so they grow up together in to one big tree that bears multiple types of fruit.  SO COOL!!

But they were mad expensive so we just looked at the regular lime trees.  Did you know that this is what a lime flower looks like?


Not too different from an orange blossom but I guess I just never thought about it.  This tree was so beautiful, it was covered in these little guys and they all smelled so nice!

My other favorite flowers that I found were these guys that looked like they were white flowers that had been spray painted or something.  They were wild!  They had all different colors, and I can't even explain to you how many of them they had.




Basically this whole place made me want to either work in a nursery, or a plant store, or just have a sick garden of my own.  I seriously took a million pictures, I'm just going to put the rest here for your viewing pleasure:










That tree with the yellow flowers was weird, it didn't have a single leaf anywhere on it, but was covered in these beautiful yellow flowers.  You can also see what the weather has been like lately here in the sunshine state...

I think my favorite part about this nursery however was the sign that greeted us when we first pulled up. I just love how they don't even have to put any words on it, you just know what it means from his posture.  Haha!

No comments:

Post a Comment