Friday, February 25, 2011

classics


My brother found his old NES the other day so after dinner with our grandfather we went back to his place and played some old favorites.

The first game I wanted to play was Battletoads, which was everything I remembered it to be.

But the real glory was this game:


Which if you already know what it is, kudos to you.  If you don't know what game this is then I'm sorry for you, because it is truly one of the greatest games of its time.  You can wikipedia it here, it's called North and South.  It's basically like risk, where one player takes to side of the union and the other takes the side of the confederacy.  You move around the playing field capturing territories like a board game, but when you land on certain things it activates these mini game modes.  You either battle the opponent with cannons, infantry, and cavalry, or you attack/defend your fort or train.  It's very elaborate and pretty amazing.  Note the figures on the left side of the screen.  Those are the mexicans and the native americans, who periodically attack whomever is in their territory.

The point is this game is amazing and we stayed up really late playing it as I'm sure we will in the future.  I just wish there was a way to get this transferred to my wii.  Any hackers out there know any tricks?

No comments:

Post a Comment