Monday, February 14, 2011

indeed


In case you're not familiar, this is my favorite graffiti in all of nyc.  It's on the lower east side and it makes me laugh every time I see it.

Sadly this is the only post I really have to do from my whole trip to ny, as most of the trip I spent sick in bed.  However, I did make it to Meghan's one night for tea and scrabble, which is when I snapped this photo, along with the ones following.

While the tea was steeping I was glancing through Meghan's bookshelves and stumbled upon this gem:


Apparently Meghan found it at a used bookstore and felt she had to own it.  This thing was massive, and is basically like a yearbook for criminals.  Every few pages it had a photo sheet with a handful of pictures, followed by several pages detailing who these criminals were and why they were so bad.

Here are my two favorites:


It was my understanding that swallowing a diamond would pretty much kill you as the diamond would shred your insides as it passes through you.  Perhaps that's why Mr. Woodward has such a dour expression on his face.

However he is no match for this charming lady:


I can't.  Every time I see this it makes me think of this:



I just wish I could see Bertha sing this song.

Anyways, that's all you get from my trip to new york.  I did have fun seeing Ashley and Laura and Dan, but after that day I spent the entire rest of the time sick in bed.  I did go out for gatorade at one point and had a man say, "excuse me, excuse me, young lady" which was nice, but that's about it.

At this point I'm just glad to be back home.  I'm feeling better though not 100%, just planning on taking it easy so I can be all better for Jon coming to visit this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment