Thursday, February 17, 2011

hooters and houses


I apologize for my slackness the past few days, ever since I contracted that awful stomach bug it took me a while to recoup.  I'm feeling much better now but Jon is in town visiting so we've been preoccupied driving around listening to this and laying by the pool.

Omg on a side note, while we were driving around yesterday we saw the saddest thing.  This guy was apparently completely oblivious to the stopped traffic in front of him and had rear ended a pick up truck in his fire engine red early 90's porsche 911.  The pick up truck looked unscathed, it's rear end was just lifted up in to the air, but then as we came around we saw the porsche with the hood all the way up to the window just shoved underneath it.  It was really terrible, there were ribbons of red paint curling off the hood, and i'm not sure which of the old guys standing on the side of the road was the driver but they both looked sad.  I don't blame them.

Anyways, I took Jon to eat lunch at Hooters where we saw this nice guy who's name was Simon.  Our waitress said that he gets pretty ballsy and they sometimes find him standing on the bar.  I like that.  I also liked that Jon noticed for the first time the Hooter's girl's footwear, as seen here:


I personally think it's what takes them from sad and tragic to campy and fabulous.  They are so Camille Grammer back in the day.

I was glad I thought to take him here as it really is a great restaurant.  My car was in the shop getting the sound issues fixed (hence the driving around listening to mariah) which was why we were in the neighborhood of hooters to begin with.  But it was a good lunch followed by an afternoon drive down to Casey Key.

It's hard to describe how incredible it is to drive down some of these islands in Florida.  Jon kept trying to take pictures but then not being able to get everything in to one shot so he'd have to switch to video.  And some of the houses out there, ridiculous.

My favorite by far was this one though.  I literally stopped and went in reverse to show it to Jon because it made me laugh out loud:


It's like, "oh hey there, welcome home, let me open up my mouth and you can park your car right in there"

This is also a good example of the kind of opulence out there.  So the main road that goes down the island usually has houses on both sides but sometimes it narrows to the point that it's houses on one side and then their private beach and the ocean on the other.  A lot of the houses like this one have a mini garage and guest house on the beach side of the street that is designed to look like a mini version of the big house.  I want.  Especially one with a nice face on the side.

So now I feel better having posted, and can go enjoy my greyhound by the pool.  If anything interesting happens I'll be sure to report to you all immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment