Tuesday, January 18, 2011

fool me once


Yesterday wasn't a particularly eventful day for me but I did have several errands I had to run and places I had to be at specific times.  So in the morning after my coffee was drunk and my shower was taken I was all ready to go when I had vision.  A vision of love.

I pictured little Meghan sitting at her desk, surrounded by dressmaker forms in various stages of undress, deciding to take a break from her emails to so and so from the house of such and such and check out my blog.  But oh well, I didn't have time to post anything because I was too busy rollerblading down the boardwalk in my hotpants, so little Meghan is left cold and alone buried deep underneath the temple of dendur.

So before I can leave the house I drop everything and do a post, just in case I don't make it home before 5, thinking, 'my fans need me, i can't let them down' or some self gratifying bullshit like that.  Oh, yeah.

It wasn't until I met my family for dinner at our usual monday night hotspot when I stopped to consider, 'hmmm, there sure aren't the usual amount of people here today.  Come to think of it, there have been people in all sorts of weird places for a monday, and then other places seem completely empty'.

And then it hit me, like that time at Alex's when I defended Andrew and Brittany slapped me across the face.  I haven't forgotten, I will never forget.

It's MLK day, everybody has the day off.  I bet not a single person is even going to go to my blog today because they are all out enjoying their day off.

And so it was true, and you guys got two posts yesterday, and they weren't even throw away posts of kitty looking handsome either.  They were legit posts with stories.  Well enjoy, I'm way past my one a day quota so don't be surprised if one of these bleary eyed thursdays that you dread so much you crank up the old interwebs thinking you'll entertain yourself with your little dancing monkey, and it's just the same thing from the day before.

Or I'll probably just continue to post pictures of kitty.  Esp because yesterday we got him a handsome new collar.  It has a bell, his favorite!

1 comment:

  1. Your fans do need you. Don't punish us because you're retired or whatever and don't even know a national holiday when you see one ♥

    ReplyDelete