Monday, January 10, 2011

just like battletoads



How fun do these games look right?  I like the nice poodle with the star glasses on.  Reminds me of a certain poodle who's name rhymes with "umbreeeellllaaaaa".

But the point of this story is about video games and how my brother always manages to pull a con job on me.  When I was like 10 years old my dad said that he would buy me whatever video game I wanted for my birthday and the game I wanted more than anything else was Super Mario 2.  You know, the one that was all a crazy dream where you rode around in rocket powered shopping carts and fought against egg shooting dinosaurs.  As opposed to the real life mario where you eat mushrooms and try to avoid ravenous man eating plants. 

But when the time came and we got to the store my brother pulls some scam on me as usual and convinced me to buy Battletoads.  If you're not familiar here is the game played through in its completion, though you can skip around and pretty much get the gist of it.  Go directly to 1:35ish to see ariel.  I swear it's her. 



Now anybody who knows me knows, 'fool me once shame on you, fool me twice, not unlikely either...'

So here we go again.  What I really wanted to get was the new Donkey Kong game for the wii but my brother talked me in to getting the new Epic Mickey instead.  Now I'll admit, so far it's no battletoads, it's been pretty good, but I have a feeling that I'll still yearn for that great ape's warm embrace. 

I guess the only option is to play through it quickly, sell it to my brother, then use the money to just buy Donkey Kong myself.  Must get back to work then. 

No comments:

Post a Comment