Monday, January 3, 2011

a christmas miracle


I know I'm late but this has honestly been the first time since christmas that I've been able to catch up more than my frantic new years 1st post.

We had christmas at my grandfathers as usual, and believe it or not this was the first year that we realized the bounty of fresh citrus in his backyard could be turned in to delicious vodka beverages.  I'm sure these crystal glasses were a leftover from when my grandmother had the same idea.

I was in charge of christmas dinner and let me tell you, that may have been a mistake.  I ended up leaving two different main ingredients at my fathers and then totally butchered the green beans.  I thought the pepper had a shaker top on it, when in reality it did not.  Cut to me dumping a half a container of pepper all over the green beans.

My family was sweet about it and said reassuring things like, "Oh but I enjoy pepper!"  and, "You know, sometimes you can't taste the pepper, but I can sure taste it in this dish".  They were all the kinds of things Meghan would say to you while gently placing her hand on top of yours and looking earnestly in to your eyes.

As for the cookies, I think everyone liked them, I know my sister liked her chocolate covered goodies.  At least their gifts weren't saturated with pepper.

No comments:

Post a Comment