Sunday, January 23, 2011

i love her


I would never be brave enough to read that book out in public like that.  And on the bus?  Never.

It makes me think of the time Lilly and I sat next to each other on the subway without realizing it.  All I knew was that I could tell the girl sitting next to me was eyeballing my ipod as I looked for a song and I knew she was judging my music tastes.  Sure enough she had to sneak a peak at me to see what kind of a person would have TLC's Creep on a playlist with the spice girls.  Had it not been for her nosiness we might have gone the whole trip without realizing the other was there.

But my point was that I was even self conscious about my music when I knew somebody was looking at it, I can't imagine just sitting on a park bench reading my hardcover copy of "Knockin' Boots".

Or am I being an idiot?  Was this on Oprah's bookclub list and is actually a catchy name for a feelgood story about a teacher who turns a young kids life around?  I'm way too tired to google is so you'll have to do it for me and let me know.  Thanks.

In the meantime, enjoy her as I did when I saw her on the corner yesterday afternoon.  As you can tell it's cold here.  Boo.

No comments:

Post a Comment