Saturday, January 22, 2011

haha get outta here joel osteen


So the bass in my car is busted which sucks but isn't the end of the world.  I was doing ok without it until I tried to eject an Amy Winehouse cd and she just wouldn't let go.  Now the deck is permanently stuck in "cd eject" mode but the cd never comes out.  So now my only option for music in my car is to listen to the local radio stations through the not great sound system I have.  Let me just say, enough with the pink already please you're killing me.

Now the only time I ever listen to my music is when I do yoga.  I really got used to having my music cranked up to drown out the jackhammering going on next door, I realize now that I should be enjoying the birds singing outside but I'm still hooked.  Anyways this morning I finally got my music playing through speakers instead of just playing it off my phone and it was glorious.  It was like hearing for the first time.

Which leads me to the point of the picture of joel osteen.  There were a couple songs in a row that, thanks to my yoga/music high, really blew my mind.  The first was Cake's cover of "Perhaps, Perhaps, Perhaps" which I was trying to find to link on here in case you haven't heard it because it really is amazing.  I mean it's an amazing song to begin with and they can't really take too much credit for that, but Cake holds a special place in my heart as being one of those bands of my youth so I really like it.  You can really apply any person or thing in your life in place of the singer and it works.  I was doing it with yoga, that it was yoga or my body wanting to do yoga singing the song to me.  I do that a lot with songs, is that weird?

However I couldn't find anything that made any sense to link here for your listening pleasure.  I guess there was no music video for the song? It seemed like everything I found was really disturbing and I didn't want it on my blog.  When I did an image search I was scanning through some similarly strange images when I came across Joel Osteen and I laughed out loud.  I don't really see the connection but if it works for you then go with it.

Haha anyways I just looked to see what the other song was that really hit home with me just now while I was yogaing and it was a Mariah song so I guess I'll spare you all from that since my cake music moment was kind of ruined.  I really wish there were a way I could do like mini playlists for my posts.  Songs that best reflect my mood at the moment, or what I'm listening to.  Haha like just now when Tom Jones came on and I immediately started dancing like a lounge singer.

Any ideas?   I would look something up but now I'm too invested in dancing.  But feel free to email me.

1 comment:

  1. You should get an FM transmitter, so you can listen to the music on your phone through your car radio. It will make your whole life better.
    This is a good universal one (http://bit.ly/eLFvmE), but if you have an iPhone, there are specific ones that will charge your phone, too.

    ReplyDelete