Thursday, January 27, 2011

bad driver


I think it's time I face the facts and admit that I am a bad driver.  It's really hard for me to say that, but in light of recent events I feel I have to.  I know how all those ladies of hollywood feel now, I really do.

I think, or hope, that it's a combination of having a new car and not having really driven in the past 8 years.  Or at least not having had a car of my own.  I think i'm doing pretty good so far but now every single person who has ridden with me in my car has commented on my driving.  Last night my brother said something about my "crazy" driving and I asked him what he meant and after going around and around finally said, "I didn't say you were a bad driver, just that you make some crazy choices".  Yeah that makes me feel better.  I also have already been pulled over for driving without my lights on, a move straight out of the paris hilton playbook.  It was so embarrassing, I have just never driven a car where you had to turn the lights on and off manually.  They also made fun of me at the bank because I didn't know how to use the drive-through atm but that's another story for another time.

The point is that now i'm incredibly self conscious and nervous about even driving my car alone, much less with other people.  Maybe I should sign up for drivers ed again, a little brush up course?  People do that right?  Or maybe andrew should stop talking all his big talk and just come down here and take a stunt driving class with me.

Either way, for now I need something from the store, and I plan to walk there.

2 comments:

  1. That's sad! Your brother should be willing to help you out or shut his face.

    ReplyDelete
  2. UMMM, I guess you haven't had the pleasure of driving with Ben....

    There is nothing you can do or say to improve his driving, he just doesn't care and doesn't want to hear what you have to say. Even if it might help you both stay alive.

    We have gotten into MANY arguments while driving.

    USE YOUR BLINKER

    WHY ARE YOU SPEEDING UP TO A RED LIGHT

    WHY ARE YOU SO CLOSE TO THE PERSON IN FRONT OF YOU? they are going to slow. OK SO RIDING THEIR ASS WILL NOT DO ANYTHING

    USE YOUR BLINKER

    HOW ABOUT YOU WAIT FOR ABOUT TWO CAR LENGTHS FROM THE CAR IN FRONT OF YOU AND THE CAR IN THE NEXT LANE TO SWERVE INTO THE NEXT LANE

    USE YOUR BLINKER

    SLOW DOWN

    USE YOUR BLINKER

    USE YOUR BLINKER

    USE YOUR BLINKER

    USE YOUR BLINKER


    Even though hes a horrible driver, I still love him and I keep getting into the car with him so....

    ReplyDelete