Tuesday, April 5, 2011

hard to say goodbye


I'm leaving today and won't be back until Saturday.  Clearly these guys can't even handle the thought of living without me.  It exhausts them just to imagine it.

I'm headed out to vegas to meet up with Jon for a few days and I've decided that I'm not bringing my computer.  My hope is that I'll win big when I'm out there and I'll be able to buy a new computer and do an inaugural blog post sometime in the next few days informing you all of my glory.  So if you don't hear from me just know that I'm coming back penniless.

I'm excited about vegas regardless though.  Having been there with Jon back in October I feel like I am better prepared now.  But it's still always sad to say goodbye to all my Florida friends, even if I'm only going for a few days.  From those nice kitties to all the fish in my dad's fish tank, especially this nice starfish who seemed to be saying, "ooooohhhhh beeeeeeeeeennnnnnnn,  iiiiiiiiii'mmmmmm gllllaaaaaaadddddd yooooouuuuuuu caaaaaaaaaammmmmmeeeeeee toooo viiiiiissssiiiiiiitttt meeeeeeeeeeee.  Haaaaaaaaavvvvveeeeeeee aaaaaaaa ssssaaaaaaaaffffeeeeee ttrrrriiiiiippppppp"



I even got a grand Florida farewell from some green parrots in the front yard this morning:


There are two of them, I know it's not the best picture in the world but I still thought it was pretty cool.  I wonder what I could do to encourage them to hang around the house more.

I really am going to become an animal hoarder.

No comments:

Post a Comment