Monday, March 19, 2012

my kind of tupperware party


The other day Heather and I were both doing laundry at the same time, which was actually quite helpful for me.  Heather is a bit (extremely) more of a time nazi than me so she has the washer and dryer cycles down to a science.  Because she has to walk past my living room window to get to the laundry room it means I get to pay even less attention to the time than I normally do.

Of course every time she would bolt past my window I would come hobbling out moments later (my Lake Lure ankle injury from last summer has been acting up lately), lugging my laundry bag, calling out, "Heather, wait wait, Heather!"

Unfortunately Heather doesn't have enough time in her life to waste on people with physical or emotional handicaps so a quick sympathetic glance over her shoulder was the most attention I got before she disappeared around the edge of the building.  She even got me worked in to such a tizzy with her that I ran errands with her for like an hour and a half and didn't even end up doing anything besides sitting in the passenger seat of her car, clinging to the door handle, ready to dive out and roll at a moments notice.

The final time Heather went to get her laundry out of the dryer I saw her fly past my window but didn't end up catching up to her until she was on her way back with her clean laundry.  Once I got to the laundry room and opened the door I was greeted with quite a surprise laying on the floor.  Since there are only two washers and two dryers I knew there was only one crazed lunatic who could have been so frantic to get her laundry that she didn't notice that she dropped her bedazzled black panties on the floor.

Of course by the time I hobbled to the other side of the building she was already gone.  Unsure of what to do I texted her asking if she may have dropped her underwear, and was it done intentionally for me to find.  They were her underwear, no it was not her calling card, yes she wanted me to hold on to them for her.

So then I find myself with the awkward position of having Heather's sexy underwear and not really being sure what to do with them.  I do have a key to Heather's apt, so I could have just brought them over, but somehow that seemed weird.  Like I would have been weirded out if Heather had found my sexy underwear and then laid them out on my counter for me to find.  But then at the same time it seemed inappropriate for me to put them on my own counter.

That's when I remembered that Heather had given me some vegetables in one of her tupperware containers.  I figured this was a fine solution as I had to give it back to her anyways and at least it was a vessel that belonged to her.

For the record, though Heather was perturbed that I put her panties in her tupperware container she was grateful that I found them and not anybody else that lives in our building.  She also gave me permission to do this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment