Tuesday, March 13, 2012

cut off


I originally did a google search for "cut off" and found a lot of really disturbing images that I didn't want to post.  I then searched for "living under a rock" and found the image you see above.  I don't get it but I like it.

The point is that at some point last week my television went out.  I have been doing ok without it and have even considered just leaving it off for a while.  I never actually signed up for any tv so I was just watching the basic cable channels, and a lot of Telemundo.

But then I was talking to Heather about it and she said I should call Comcast because they must have done something to mess up my cable.  So I was all set to call Comcast bright and early on Monday morning but before I had the chance I got a text from Jon saying that he and a friend had flown in for the day to go to the beach.  I decided that the tv could wait for another day and I started getting my things together to go meet them.

At some point during my running around my phone, which I literally just got replaced, was no longer working.  Well the phone still works, just the screen isn't working.  I didn't want to spend all day at Verizon so I just left it at home and went to the beach.

We had fun hanging out although the beach was kind of overrun with spring breakers.  We did get to witness a really amazing fight between a guy and girl right in front of us at lunch.  She slapped him across the face and stormed off with him shouting after her, "You know what?  We're broken up, we're broken up FOREVER!"

It was pretty awesome.  They ended up fighting in the street for like 10 minutes while the whole restaurant watched them.

The point is that I didn't end up getting to Verizon until like 6 last night to find out that they are going to send me yet another phone to replace this one.  I didn't realize it until that point that it meant I also couldn't call Comcast until I get it.

Which is why I feel cut off, and like I'm living under a rock.  Thank goodness for sweet lady internet.  Unfortunately I have to go run errands, and I'm going to have to do it without my phone.  Terrible!  Pretending to text message was my greatest weapon against crazies.

Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment