Saturday, March 3, 2012

Dewey


Last night the word "dew" was on the board and Heather tried to add an "ey" and make it "dewey".  Her justification; "Like it's dewey outside.  I say that.  It should be a word."

I told her I was pretty sure it was only a proper name but I would look it up.  Here is the page on dewey, showing I was right.  Heather, not being able to handle being wrong, got a whole attitude about it so I decided to click on the audio button so I could hear the robot woman say "dewey" just to annoy her further.

I didn't realize that it was going to download the audio file to my phone but it was fine anyways as it made it easier for me to play "dewey" over and over on a loop, or just randomly to annoy her.  It was quite hilarious and a satisfying use of my smart phone.

Anyways, I was on my run just now and I was hitting the wall just as a song was coming to an end.  I really needed the next song to pump me up so I could finish the run.  I was not expecting the silence in my headphones to be suddenly interrupted by a very loud "dewey".  I guess the audio file got put directly in to my music playlist, and of course came on at the worst possible time.

I ended up not being able to stop laughing and had to give up on my run.  I guess it serves me right.

Oh and when I did a google image search for "dewey" this was the first picture that came up.  I love him.

No comments:

Post a Comment