Saturday, March 17, 2012

my face, my beautiful face


The other day I was taking a shower and as I washed my face I suddenly felt an intense burning right by my eye.  I inspected as best as I could with my hands and felt that there was definitely a raised spot right where the burning was.  I rinsed my face and continued with my shower, reminding myself to check out my face closer in the mirror later.

As I began to wash the rest of myself I started feeling the same burning sensation in various spots on my arms and legs.  Being able to see these spots I could verify that there was definitely something going on with my skin.  I of course immediately assumed skin cancer.  The hours I've spent in the sun coated in nothing but coconut oil have finally caught up to me.

I tried to put it out of my mind but throughout the day I would feel these various spots on my body stinging and burning, reminding me of their presence.  I commented about it to Heather at lunch and asked her if she thought it looked like skin cancer.  She immediately said the spots looked like burns and asked if I had burned myself recently.

Suddenly, in such a rush, my memories from the night before came back to me.  I may have had one too many glasses of wine and decided to make myself a pizza.  All I remember distinctly was trying to move the pizza out of the oven and on to the counter, dropping it, and shouting, "MY PIZZA PIE!!"

I actually found pizza sauce splatter on the most random cupboards in the kitchen the next morning, but never put two and two together that the sauce probably also splattered on me.  Specifically any areas that were exposed...face...arms...legs...

Now besides the fact that my face really hurts I feel like I have this terrible conspicuous spot that begs the question, "what happened to your face?"

This is how I feel:





No comments:

Post a Comment