Saturday, September 29, 2012

these guys


I managed to survive 8 years living in manhattan and it's only taken a year for Miami to kick me in the balls and leave me for dead.

And yet I still love it down here.  I mean, I was not expecting iguanas on my walk to get coffee this morning.  Don't get me wrong, I love pigeons, but there is something thrilling and exotic about iguanas.

Although I didn't really need to take the zoom in pic:


Not the most flattering.  But I was excited!

Jed told me that there was a frost a few years ago and it killed most of the iguanas, as they are cold blooded.  He said that it was quite a problem as the larger ones would freeze solid in a tree and then fall down, often damaging cars underneath.  Would that be covered under insurance?  I doubt it.

Anyways, I'm glad to see that they are back to running amuck down here.  It reminds me of why I came down here and why I still love it.  And I do, I do still love it, although nyc is looking more and more appealing these days.

Life is just so much simpler there.


No comments:

Post a Comment