Saturday, September 1, 2012

good for her for trying


source

Jonathan sent me this in an email and said that she should have been pulled off stage by the big hook hahaha.

I don't think she did that bad, but this video speaks to how incredible Mariah is.  The thing about Mariah is that she makes it seem so effortless, the notes float out of her mouth like butterflies, so you end up thinking, "what makes her so special?  I coud sing like that".  And then you wake up after blacking out trying to sing along to "Without You".  At least that's how it goes for me.

I think Kelly's problem was a combination of not having rehearsed and trying to stay too close to the original melody.  She sounds great when she does her own Kelly Clarkson thing, but then you can hear her getting caught up in the Mariah vocal gymnastics and losing her way.

If you're anything like me you're going to have to wash out your ears after watching that video.  Here you go, I hope this helps:




My favorite comment on this video:


The part I want to teach you is VERY EASY... no Mariah, it's only easy to you ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment